Bug Demo Video

Organizing tasks to work on, New Features Ideas, Building LCS & LCB Libraries & Widgets, Redecorating and Modifying the IDE, Hacking / Editing Tools, Compiling the Engine from Source, etc.
OpenXTalkPaul

Bug Demo Video

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

I made a video to demonstrate this bug that has been present in the IDE on macOS since at least versions 7.x (couldn't test any further back right now). This bug has bothered me on occasion for a long while now, but I never got around to filing a bugzilla report (and now I won't, because they basically stated not to use any of their systems with any FOSS fork, which is fine, it's their loss).

I can't seem to track down what is causes this behavior, but it is definitely something connected to the revMenuBar's Toolbar. It affects any window that overlaps the toolbar. I WILL FIND IT (eventually) and then SQUASH this BUG, Damnit!

https://youtu.be/ypyh-7Mwc_E
overclockedmind

Re: Bug Demo Video

Post by overclockedmind »

OpenXTalkPaul wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:56 am I made a video to demonstrate this bug that has been present in the IDE on macOS since at least versions 7.x (couldn't test any further back right now). This bug has bothered me on occasion for a long while now, but I never got around to filing a bugzilla report (and now I won't, because they basically stated not to use any of their systems with any FOSS fork, which is fine, it's their loss).

I can't seem to track down what is causes this behavior, but it is definitely something connected to the revMenuBar's Toolbar. It affects any window that overlaps the toolbar. I WILL FIND IT (eventually) and then SQUASH this BUG, Damnit!

https://youtu.be/ypyh-7Mwc_E
I'd love to help, but I've been Linux-only for long enough that I've not seen anything past 10.7 (well seen, sure, not gotten my teeth into.) That may work its way back to "No Windows" but I'm not there yet, I bought a Linux-specific laptop nearing on two years ago now.
MBA (Early 2015, 8GB/512G SSD, Monterey 12.7.2)
System76 serv12 (64GB RAM, 2TB SSD, 2TB HD, Win 10 Pro x64)
Power Mac 3,1 Project - Needs TLC will get it soon
overclockedmind

Once opened, is the Toolbar's location set statically?
overclockedmind

overclockedmind wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:06 pm Once opened, is the Toolbar's location set statically?
What it really looks like is a VM or remote machine getting confused while the mouse is outside of its dimensions. Yes, I quoted myself. :lol:

Question: Does the top-most toolbar exhibit the same problem? -- Probably the most important question.

Sorry about the XFCE rant... apparently, I can't read "macOS" anymore. :oops:
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

I found it (of course after I spent time making a video about it, lol)
it was in an on MoveStack handler in the IDE file: revidemessagehandlerlibrary.livecodescript
Which had a IF/THEN control structure for macOS and the comment:
-- prevent stack getting stuck under menu bar
which it doesn't even with that control structure commented out so I'm not sure what that was about, but the problem is gone, YEAH!

@Josh (if I may call you by abbreviated name), I'll probably become a Linux user full-time someday, but for now I still need to use it for the 'day job' but I feel like it's gone downhill, an ever tightening closed system, since they seem to have become purely about iPhone/Mobile devices and media consumerism now and they're slowly turning macOS into iOS.
overclockedmind

OpenXTalkPaul wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:08 am I found it (of course after I spent time making a video about it, lol)
it was in an on MoveStack handler in the IDE file: revidemessagehandlerlibrary.livecodescript
Which had a IF/THEN control structure for macOS and the comment:
-- prevent stack getting stuck under menu bar
which it doesn't even with that control structure commented out so I'm not sure what that was about, but the problem is gone, YEAH!

@Josh (if I may call you by abbreviated name), I'll probably become a Linux user full-time someday, but for now I still need to use it for the 'day job' but I feel like it's gone downhill, an ever tightening closed system, since they seem to have become purely about iPhone/Mobile devices and media consumerism now and they're slowly turning macOS into iOS.
@Paul, you can call me that, no problemo. And no problemo either, on what you use to get the job done, so long as it gets you there.

I only wonder how long Steve managed to write into the future, while he still could. For years it was iThings, and The Macintosh was flat-out disrespected, its focus not on how long "it took to get out of that bag." Now with a CPU switch, the Mac is more fully Apple's... and less so owned by The Crazy Ones. But Rosetta II sounds reeeeeeeeally familiar...

"Macs for the sensibility, Linux for the flexibility, Windows? For the money."