Building the Docs from the Repo

Organizing tasks to work on, New Features Ideas, Building LCS & LCB Libraries & Widgets, Redecorating and Modifying the IDE, Hacking / Editing Tools, Compiling the Engine from Source, etc.
OpenXTalkPaul

Building the Docs from the Repo

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

I'm getting the hang of this.
The repo stack builder/builder.rev is sort of hard to follow as it uses other scripts in other folders (and one of those has the same name as a script that is part of the IDE, yet it's a bit different).
It outputs the compiled/zipped docs to a folder _build/docs/guides at the root of the repo folder, you may have to create that folder before running.
Initially it tried to download several externals related files from LC's server but those are apparently no longer available,
Also for some reason it's not parsing inline docs from .lcb files nor from certain docs in other folders (perhaps I moved or renamed something? Maybe I could try a clean fork copy later.)
At any rate I was able to work around these issues by manually copying the API.lcdoc files from the externals and widgets/library extensions folders, renaming them appropriately and putting them into the docs folder before running the builder script. The resulting API.sqlite file is still missing some things (some commercial version stuff was intentionally removed), but at least I now have the basic idea of how to correct that, add, or delete entries in the dictionary.