BEASTS ago-go

A forum to share your demonstrations stacks, fun stacks, games, etc.
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: BEASTS ago-go

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

I was trying to finish and upload a demo of this isometric sprite that I was working on this morning, but then I realized you guys are all using LiveCode or OXT Lite and generally seem only interested in the classic controls anyway.
Honestly, I think we could make our own sprite widget or library that has all sorts of handy features and less lag.

Anyway I couldn't leave my 8-Directional Controller Widget in, and so I remade the direction controller with Material Icons in SVGIcon Widgets, BUT THEN I realized you guys are using the plain (unfinished) LC version of that widget, and so that can't even use them as if they were classic buttons (I added mouseUp/mouseDown/etc. messages to SVG Icon early on in OpenXTalk DPE development and mostly forgot about it).

So the 3rd time, I had to create pixel versions X8 of the Material Arrows, re-import them as images, and remake using 8 Buttons and those Images for a directional control version that should run on a computer from 20+ years ago. But that still does not have the functionality the Widget version had built-into it, but I'm not going to script all of that just for a demo. What a pain. I wasted so much time simply due to trying to cater to limitations that I've moved past long ago.

It's times like these when I wish I had that Resource Manager library that I've talked about writing, I could've embedded my widget into the stack and had a preOpen handler that loads it into memory, without the end user needing to install anything. I already have the script to do this, it's just not in a library form where it can easily be reused.