Font glyphs browser palette stack in the IDE

All flavors welcome.
Forum rules
Be kind.
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: Font glyphs browser palette stack in the IDE

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

Here's a better version Proof-of-concept stack.
ClickableGlyphsFld.oxtstack
(49.75 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

OpenXTalkPaul wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:04 pm Here's a better version Proof-of-concept stack.
ClickableGlyphsFld.oxtstack
The supplemental private use area -B, which is a range that has 65535 code points for glyphs, displaying that range using the font "Snell Roundhand", the script gets to around the 2386th code point in the list and then the field's display goes blank, rendering the fld stops even if the script keeps going. So that might be hitting up against some limitations of the engine? That IS a hella-lot of Glyphs to stuff into a text field and display at 96pt size! Perhaps large ranges like that should be broken up into Private-Use-B-part-1,"-B-part-2, etc.

The reason I'm interested in that range is that contains user-interface related glyphs:
Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 7.25.36 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 7.25.36 AM.jpg (127.76 KiB) Viewed 120 times
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

🗿 <-looks different with Safari browser's default font.

The rendering also starts to lag on rendering certain glyphs.

What I think might be happening with the field display turning "blank" is that it might actually be from the font itself having nothing at all, not even the "missing" symbol, specified for glyphs for the code-points the script is inserting, so it displays that code-point as a blank spot as seen in this range (using Noto Color Emoji font):
Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 8.09.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 8.09.37 AM.png (220.24 KiB) Viewed 115 times
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

OK here's a new version with a little more GUI to control the GlyphListing, it pages though the lists in 128 glyph groups, within the range of the selected Unicode Block, and it can change font and size from pop-up menus.
What I want to do next is combine that with the Glyphs Name Listing method on the same card.
Eventually I think this stack could be combined, as a tabbed palette, along with the SVGIcon widget iconFamily Glyphs browser that I've added as an IDE Palette.
Unicode Glyph Browser.oxtstack
(76.55 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

Unicode "Easter egg" that tripped me up, U+B00P is NOT an actual Unicode code, its kind of in the unicode names list as sort of a test?!?! Thanks for throwing a wrench in my loop, SMDH!
http://archives.miloush.net/michkap/arc ... 68578.html