HyperSim and more fun with xTalks on the Web.

Organizing tasks to work on, New Features Ideas, Building LCS & LCB Libraries & Widgets, Redecorating and Modifying the IDE, Hacking / Editing Tools, Compiling the Engine from Source, etc.
OpenXTalkPaul

HyperSim and more fun with xTalks on the Web.

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

@dandandandan

So holidays are over and I'm back to working in sandboxed web world.
I've been playing around with HyperSim again, picking apart a little more.

I made a quick OXT stack that uses the OXT rawClipBoard access to copy/paste buttons and field 'objects' back and forth between the OXT Engine and HC Sim.

Since HC Sim 'objects' are HTML Elements you can style them (to some degree, I'll get to that later) with CSS Styles.
MoreFunWithHyperSim.jpg
MoreFunWithHyperSim.jpg (312.59 KiB) Viewed 544 times
With CSS we could gain super fine control over appearance of UI elements, you can even have buttons on angle, and use different paint modes like 'Exclusion'
MoreFunWithHyperSim2.jpg
MoreFunWithHyperSim2.jpg (102.05 KiB) Viewed 544 times
Styled Field text works well from OXT's 'the HTMLText of fld..' syntax and the HTML inserted into a old in HC Sim is retained when you save the stack, BUTTONS, however do NOT retain any additional styling I've added to them, when HCSim reads them back in, they're once again plain-old buttons (with only add-color background color retained). When I started down this path I was looking for a way to reverse-out to white the textColor of a button's label, but that is a non-extant property in HCSim, and it seems that accurate the emulation of HC's 'AddColor' external means that buttons are colorized via overlaying color shape with 'Multiply' or darken-only paint mode (so not-so-good for 'white' graphics)
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: HyperSim and more fun with xTalks on the Web.

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

The trick to pasting in 'controls' 'exported' from OpenXTalk via the clipBoard is that when you switch back to HC Sim, before you can paste you have to be on the 'New Field' tool, even if you have a button-part element on the pasteboard.

Of course it's not very useful for buttons anyway because HC Sim ignores the extra data in button-parts when it reads the 'stack' html back in later, but it works well for field-parts which store the extra content is it's 'content' (where-as a button-part's 'content' is used for pop-up menus for buttons). Each line in a field is converted into a <div> element by HC Simulator, but otherwise you can insert arbitrary HTML into them, such as the embedded movie tag on one of the cards in HCSim's home stack. You can get button-like behavior from a locked-text fld, but it would be better if a button could just store that extra styling, and if there could be a textColor property too that would be great.